Add a special twist to the classic sugar cookie for a sweet treat! Simple enough to fit into a busy schedule, these simple sugar cookies will taste anything but simple.
Whether you’re baking for friends, family or yourself, these Lime+ essential oil-infused cookies will melt in your mouth and sweeten up any gathering. Plus, they’re perfect for sharing!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 drops Lime+ essential oil food flavouring
- ½ cup toasted coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Then, beat in eggs, vanilla and Lime+ essential oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add toasted coconut if desired. One cup at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Roll rounded cookies in some extra granulated sugar and carefully drop dough onto cookie sheets covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let baked cookies sit on cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to wire cooling racks.
What’s your favourite Plus Line food flavouring oil to use when baking cookies? Share your top picks with us in the comments below!