Sourcing Origin: France
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Flower
The use of Clary Sage dates back to ancient times. The Romans called it claurus, which can be translated as “clear,” because of its use as an eye wash. The Germans added this delicate flower to their wine, and elsewhere it has been used in soups, omelets, and flavored jellies. As an essential oil, Clary Sage is known for its calming aroma and topical benefits to the skin. The active ingredient of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate; this ester makes Clary Sage one of the most relaxing and soothing essential oils when taken internally.*
Ways to Use:
- Diffuse 3–4 drops to promote feelings of relaxation and prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Lightly flick a few drops of the oil along the walls of the steamy shower or sauna for a powerful aromatherapy experience.
- Add 1–2 drops to water or tea.
- Take 1–2 drops in a Veggie Cap to help calm the nervous system.*
- Add a few drops to bath water for a stress relieving bath.
- Rub 3–5 drops on the abdomen during a menstrual cycle for a soothing massage.
- Add 3–4 drops to shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy-looking hair and scalp.